Related Articles

"Tell me that *&%@ in my face" – Man beats ex-girlfriend, police over 'dog face' text

BVI News Staff - Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 at 3:33 AM

A man beat his ex girlfriend after he got angry over a text she allegedly sent to him. According to the court, the woman told him in the text he has a dog face. (Photo is a dramatization)

The attorney of Glenroy Industrious, the Purcell Estate Estate man who allegedly beat his child mother and a female police officer at a police station over a text regarding his “dog face”, has requested that his client attends the Partnership for Peace Program.

Patrick Thompson told the court on Wednesday that his client had sought counselling from the Mental Health Department of his own choosing and inquired whether Industrious would have been permitted to enter the Partnership for Peace program.

“From the allegation it was clear that it was a loss of   temper,” Thompson said before noting that  the program will do some good for his client.

The case was set for trial on April 27.

Industrious pleaded not guilty to assaulting a police, indecent language, two counts of common assault, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.

The allegations are that on July 31 at about 3 pm, Denise Callwood was at Kettle Gas Station with her three children when she saw her ex-boyfriend [Industrious]. She asked him if he wanted to see his daughter and Industrious said no and drove off.

Wondering why he was acting that way, the woman then text him in which she allegedly said he has a dog face and the child doesn’t need him anymore.

The woman then went in the area of Simply Delicious where she parked. During this time, Industrious came to the area and approached the driver’s side of the vehicle and told Callwood to repeat what she said in the text.

“Tell me that [expletive] in my face,” he allegedly said.

The woman told him to move from the car, but he began to hit her in the face, fist her and attempted to choke her. This was done in the presence of the children who began screaming.

A passerby made attempts to pull Industrious from the woman, and after several attempts this was done. The defendant then allegedly went in front of the vehicle, and out of fear, the woman drove the car forward and pinned him against a sign board.

The man got away and began to give her more blows, however this time she was able to escape.

She drove to the police station and immediately after Industrious arrived. The court heard that while there he attacked her by hitting her in the face, head and about her body.

He allegedly said, “You [expletive] think I afraid of the police.”

As he was punching her in the head, a female police officer came to her rescue, but Industrious punched that officer.

Another police officer got involved and after a struggle he was subdued. He was then arrested.

Copyright 2014 BVI News, Media Expressions Limited. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or distributed.

Disclaimer: BVI News and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the comments below or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any public forum. All comments posted on BVINews.com reflect the views and opinions of the commentators and not that of the management and staff. Click here for our full comment/user policy/ agreement.

1. buss
    February 26, 2012

so why u gotta put the quote saying u think i scare of police like the police heard him say that and now their the bad man dem when they aint they aint even in this they just be resolving things and taking tint off windows

2. ruff ruff
    February 25, 2012

boi da w oman fool fool u had de man pin you shda do the doggy punhhim u low he fuh beat u mi son. dog face wuda need surgery to correct he dog face

3. woman
    February 24, 2012

woman need tha from saying buhh “|all man a doggg”

4. BIG WORM
    February 24, 2012

SHE SHOULD HAVE KEEP HIM PIN TO THAT SIGN UNTIL HIS FEET THEM CAME OFF LOL THEN HE WOULD HAVE UNDERSTAND HIMSELF

• LOL
      February 24, 2012

no she herself shudda hit up in da ride

5. nb
    February 24, 2012

my good friend, i thought that u were cool but never know that u were ignore

6. hm
    February 24, 2012

Sadly, this is what we have to call a man. The simple fact that he doesn’t want to see his own child disgusts me.

7. Standard

ADMIN
    Yea send the money to help us hire some. :)

8. family to glen
    February 23, 2012

:( so disappointed in u ur fada must be turning in his grave to kno u did this boy dont let me cum tola for u

9. so4you
    February 23, 2012

For real people,this picture made my day,I had a gooood laugh this morning,but at the same time I hope this dogface man gets the help he needs,this is truly not manly.

10. Astronaut
    February 23, 2012

Damn…I guess he felt some kinda way. Didn’t know dudes be all in they feelings like that…SMH

11. mr dog
    February 23, 2012

If I know my face aint a dog face why get mad?

• Hmmm
      February 23, 2012

U NOW IF YOU NOW YOU AIN HAV A DOG FACE WHY BEAT HER STUPIDNESS SHIT MAN YOU NEED HELP BECAUSE YOUR TEMMPER IS OUT OF CONTROL.

12. KK
    February 23, 2012

Hot DAMN! I know what I WON’T be calling my man when we fighting. This man got some serious self esteem problems! LOL

13. February 23, 2012

I see a Calypso song in the making ” Look Out Here Come The Doggie Man” “The Doggie Man”

14. Bow Wow
    February 23, 2012

That picture is hysterical!

15. Cutie
    February 23, 2012

I find the dog face quite attractive….. (dog face, seriously?, got vexed over dog face?!!)

16. TO RAY
    February 23, 2012

y dont u save all your harsh comments until the case really comes out. if u remember wen this first came out it was somethin else to what is written here and u commented there too. so Ray if u feel soo bad about this young man’s behaviour y dnt u seek him out and mentor him if u see all the other channels that he is trying to take to better himself is not working. he is a brother just like you- let me see Ray how well you will handle this comment…………….

• Ray
      February 23, 2012

Well, I must have missed the previous news report, as this is the first I am hearing it being reported this way.

I have no problem mentoring the “brother” as you suggest, but my first words to him would have been to ignore any provocation from his ex, and certainly keep his hands to himself no matter the provocation. Hitting women is not the way to go, and certainly hitting the mother of your kids in from of them is a definite NO NO. As you can see, his actions has gotten him in trouble with the law. Bad move.

Speaking of mentoring, let me say this to you, and please do not take this the wrong way. I mean well. I read your post, understood it, and responded. However, anyone can see it’s filled with grammatical errors, and they probably would have made some crude remark about it to try to embarrass or make fun of you. I choose not to do either. So, I instead will try to mentor you if you will.

I would kindly suggest that you should try your best when you write for public consumption to write correctly. Type it in your spell checker first. It will highlight your errors so that you can correct them. I routinely do this. When I don’t I make mistakes as evidenced by my posts today. Take care, and if you yourself finds yourself in a similar situation, simply walk away, and keep walking no matter what dog faced text shows up in your phone.

• February 24, 2012

if you go through so much trouble to write a proper blog and scold other people about gramatical errors, then you should see something wrong with, “hitting the mother of your kids in FROM of them is a definite NO NO”

• Ray
          February 24, 2012

Obviously Billy B, you missed the point of my post. I knew someone like yourself would come along to point out what I pointed out myself. Pay attention next time. I am prone to errors like others when I do not type using my spell checker. I pointed that out which you failed to mention.

As for the sentence in question, obviously, that should be “in front” of as oppose to “FROM.” I think most people who read the entire sentence got it. Certainly, you cannot compare my post overall with the person I responded to.

I seen you around the blogsphere picking fights. I dont’ think you want to pick one with me. Good night Billy B.

17. February 23, 2012

Way to go Ray!!!!!!!

18. Hmmmm..
    February 23, 2012

Facts of this case aside…she must have liked his ‘dog face’ at some point…after all, they made a baby together. Hmmmm..

• doggie dog
      February 23, 2012

thank u.. some women too full of it, she loved riding the dog face

19. to industrious
    February 23, 2012

no wonder he is an X… didnt ur mom taught u not to hit females?

20. gimma
    February 23, 2012

This pic and story made my day.

However it is a serious matter. Probably the man was in fact insulted but he went too far.

21. VG MASSIVE
    February 23, 2012

THIS NEWS SITE IS BECOMING A JOKE!!! BVI NEWS NEED TO GET SERIOUS AND DECIDE WEATHER THEY WANT TO HAVE A GOSSIP, HUMOROUS SITE OR A SENSIBLE PLACE FOR PPL TO READ THE NEWS… THE EDITOR REALLY SUCKS!!!! 2 THUMBS DOWN!! I AM TURNED OFF

• Admin
      February 23, 2012

VG Massive, seriously? Tell us what is gossip or not sensible about the story? It was a matter dealt with in court. All the information printed were disclosed by the prosecutor in court. So what is gossip? If you’re talking about the pic say so but do not confuse a pic with a factual court story.

• Jack Sparrow
      February 23, 2012

@ VG MASSIVE….I thought you were here to read the news????? Why are you reading the comments, you must like the GOSSIP!!

• mr dog
      February 23, 2012

the word is whether not weather. learn to spell before spewing garbage stoops

• Informed
      February 24, 2012

Then stop reading on this site. There are other mediums where you can get/read your news.

22. so4you
    February 23, 2012

The doggie face look cute though..lol.

• Movements
      February 23, 2012

For real, it kinda look like K-9 SOSA lol.

23. Real Talk
    February 23, 2012

LOLOLOLOLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! BVInews I got to hand it to you! I almost spit out my morning coffee when I saw the picture for the story..LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lord have mercy!!

24. Ray
    February 23, 2012

What madness I am reading here this morning? This poor excuse of a man and a father commits violence towards the mother of his children, and assaults a police office, and his lawyer wants him to choose his own punishment? What is wrong with that picture? He is indeed a DOG for first refusing to see his own kid, and then proceeding to assault both women including doing this in the presence of his kids. His lawyer needs a solid backhand for making this outrageous suggestion.

That woman should have kept him pinned against that board with her car until the police arrived. He got major issues that the Partnership for Peace program cannot fix. He is not the type of client best suited for that program, as he has actions were criminal. He deserve a cell at Balsum Ghut. If he is nuts, they can feed him anti-psychotics there.

• tru story
      February 23, 2012

Ray relax! have you ever fallen out with a woman? Do you know what women are capable of? women can tick u off to insanity! and they know just how to do that, trust me! so what if the man did not want to see his kids? what if he was busy or was trying to avoid the mother? he went his way incident free yet the mother had to provoke him with an insulting text. come on…

• Ray
        February 23, 2012

@tru story. Yes, I have fallen out with many a women, but I have NEVER put my hands on any as that would not have solved anything, created problems for me, and made me quite small.

Sure, some women can push a man’s buttons, but it takes a real man to walk away. Only cowards and punks hit women.

She was right to suggest he was a DOG. On second thought, her suggestion was an insult to all good dogs out there as most dogs are protective of their pups, don’t stray far from them, and would bite anyone that get’s too close. They would and even lend a nipple to another animal discarded by their mum to get some milk.

As I said, she should have kept him pinned to that board with her car until the police or the ambulance arrived, whomever got their first.

• tru story
          February 23, 2012

am sadden by your comments ray, have some compassion.

• Ray
            February 23, 2012

@tru story. Compassion? For this guy? Nah. He could have ignored the text, and you would not be on here asking me to have compassion on him. What you want me to say? His actions were justifiable?

Anyway, please don’t be saddened by my comment. There is nothing to be sad about really except the fact that this poor excuse of a father could not handle the situation differently. People should act like grown ups when when they have kids, and learn to keep their hands to themselves. Every heard the expression: sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can’t do anything. Well..there.

• February 24, 2012

@Ray,
            when when they have kids??????
            Every heard the expression?????
            Your mentoring class aint going good at all Ray!!!!! Hope you aint charging and its for free

• Slick Blak
          February 23, 2012

I never agree with Ray until now …..even if he was peovoked with taunts it is not a grren light to BEAT HER UP! She is still the mother of your child.

• Slick Blak

*provoked*

• Ray
            February 23, 2012

Slick. Well,there is a always a first for everything. Nice we are in agreement on this one. Take care. :wink:

• February 23, 2012

Real sad, as parents we should think about how our actions would affect our kids.

• Slick Blak
            February 24, 2012

Ray Dude the wink is unsettling please refrain from that please. My Testosterone HIGH.

• Ray
            February 24, 2012

@Slick Blak. Be secure with your sexuality in that your testosterone level is high. Your post was not gender identifiable. Anyway, you should know who you are, why worry?

Believe me when I say, the wink was not a hit on you as that thought was not even on my radar. Don’t forget you were not fond of my posts so why should I be fond of you in that way? I know who care for what I write around here.

Anyway, don’t protest too much, because that in an of itself is suspect. One last thing Slick, just that you know, a person can have the highest testosterone level in the world and still be gay. Sexual identify has noting to do with hormonal levels.

Now, that you have expressed your discomfort, which personally eludes me, how about this emoticon? :-D . I hope you like this one much better. Take care Slick.

• de boss face gal
      February 23, 2012

Glen a punk,I used to kick he up in school.When I come back homeI gone whoop he fer ya girlfriend.Glen,remember when I bust yer head in HIGH school,Im a gal,remember lol, I do.Will be back for August waste man.

• my two cents
      February 23, 2012

This young man is only 20-21 years. Picked a mother that had two children already. No experience in life and probably sadden and hurt by the way his father died.
      Was he right- hell no!
      Should be punished – definitely.
      But is there help for him to better his life- most definitely.
      Please it was bad judgement and therefore has to face the consequences- but don’t give up on him.

• Ray
        February 24, 2012

Well, upon reflection of your post & the background info you provided, I cannot argue with it. His behavior is definitely not acceptably by any measure. Whatever the judge decides, I hope he gets the help he obviously needs. To beat up on the mother of his kids in front of them is simply not good. And he compounded it by assaulting a female officer leading me to think he may have issues with women as oppose to bad judgment.

He must learn and understand that no matter what life throws at you, violence is not the answer. If life throws you a lemonade, you make lemonade. I just hope that none of those kids who witnessed the assault on their mom were boys, as quite often they will end up doing the same thing as adults and repeating the same bad behavior in another generation.

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2012

Yes he has major issues the unsolved murder of his father, could be plaguing him. He definitely needs to talk with some one and keep from that womn if she’s bring out the worst in him.

• Ray
        February 24, 2012

Point taken, but as I said above, regardless of what may be bothering him, violence is not the answer. Furthermore, I don’t see the correlation between loosing ones father tragically and assaulting the mother of his kid and a police officer.

Clearly, ff they are toxic for each other, he should just secure visitation with his kid, and pay his child support. As per visitation, his actions can potentially complicate that as any judge would want to know if any kid is safe to be in his presence. At any rate, sounds like the brother needs some guidance.

25. William Muny

Makes you feel like a Top Shotta right? Pathetic

• Slick Blak
      February 23, 2012

I hope not but there has to be a little more to this than a lack of self esteem.

26. wow
    February 23, 2012

but that’s a pic of my dog… He’s the best dog i ever had

• ICU
      February 24, 2012

@wow. Is he for adoption? I like the eyes and mouth….reminds me of a popular rap star…lol

27. lock him up
    February 23, 2012

I don’t know him but he obviously has no respect for the woman nor for the police. I hope she takes him to court too!

28. worries alone
    February 23, 2012

hahah bvi news make my day , check out the dog swagg mon lol lol what next??/ hahahah

29. sad
    February 23, 2012

This is a sad situation – wht cant people control their tempers? A lot of growing up is needed in this country.

BTW – the picture actually looks like the … in jail for the drugs

30. Trust Company Worker
    February 23, 2012

The apple does not fall far from the tree. Have you dealt with his …?

31. February 23, 2012

Men who hit women have serious mental issue.I say that man should be locked up until he discipline himself.He’s such a coward.

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2012

So i’m guessing that women that hit men dont got mental problems. Abuse knows no gender. The man that hit the woman just as bad as the woman that hit the man. Stop emotional and physical abuse. One love

32. February 23, 2012

Men when hit women have serious mental issue.I say that man should be locked up until he discipline himself.He’s such a coward.

33. February 23, 2012

It should have been me pulling him off cause I would have put some licks in he DOG FACE A…for hitting that woman and especially in the presence of the children. Then on top of that he punch the police also. Leave him in jail for a long time he old DOG FACE A…

34. No sah!
    February 23, 2012

I am being judge and jury! forget the Partnership for Peace Program he needs Jesus. Anyone that could get upset to that point over a text needs help. This is not a case of the woman nagging and provoking him, neither did she send several derogatory text. People name call all the time which is not right because it is hurtful but my Lord…to be called “dog face” and get that mad is madness.
    In fact, I am not sure if the Mental Health Department is even capable of dealing with this psychotic being.

This man decline to see his blood child but turn back and beat the woman. Please don’t bother to take this matter to court just put him in solitary confinement, which is a special form of imprisonment in which a prisoner is isolated from any human contact, only with the exception of members of prison staff.
    He needs time away so the Lord can work on him, he too far gone for the system.

• William Muny
      February 23, 2012

Only because partna probably REALLY IS A DOG FACE GREMLIN…..have you looked at local men lately?

• wtf
        February 23, 2012

man %#%^^*^… cominghere and dissing local men.

• de boss face gal
          February 23, 2012

Tola man is punk.I fram Jamaica,and we don,t jester wid waste mans.When I went school Tola I had to put DE dogface … in he place.Livin states now and coming to visit me man August.gonna pree dat wasteman.She fool fool sed way.

• I TELLIN YO
            February 24, 2012

tell a tola man dat den and dats real talk!

• Jester
            September 27, 2013

I think it is trying to communicate, what should we do?

• Slick Blak
        February 24, 2012

Well it sounds like you actually take a look at local man but i guess it jumps out at you sometimes….but I didn’t think you had to make that point.

• expat
        February 24, 2012

I am an isexpatriate but.I don’t agree with that person. this thing is getting out of control,dont get personal. We all need to stop talking about local and from here.