Related Articles

Woman dies at hospital after complaining of not feeling well

BVI News Staff - Tuesday, January 3rd, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Peebles Hospital

A 53-year-old Chapel Hill resident died yesterday after complaining of feeling ill.

Reports are that Valiska Allen called her husband and told him she was at home, vomiting. When he arrived home, he observed his wife in the bathroom vomiting. He reportedly asked if she would like to be taken to the hospital but she refused several times.

She collapsed shortly after and the ambulance was called.

CPR was conducted by the husband until the arrival of the ambulance personnel who administered CPR until she was brought to Peebles Hospital.

More CPR was administered at the hospital but she was pronounced dead later.

According to reports, Allen had no prior illnesses and police do not suspect foul play.

An autopsy will be conducted this week to ascertain the cause of death.

Copyright 2014 BVI News, Media Expressions Limited. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or distributed.

1. January 23, 2012

2. co worker
    January 5, 2012

i cant believe u gone. i miss u dearly. I wish you was here still and my condolences goes out to your family and may god strengthen them in this very sad times amd give them the courage to move on.

3. Sad
    January 5, 2012

So much negative comments about 1 woman. Ayo nedd leave da woman she is gone….MERCY MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

4. real
    January 5, 2012

This sound like a poisioning case> The family should request a toxicology report.

• Sad
      January 9, 2012

R.I.P aunty , i will surely miss you …. especially your smile

5. Flower
    January 4, 2012

Glen now is your time to dance, cause your wife is out of that sinful world. And gone to meet her maker. I no she happy and want u to be happy too. stay focus god love you. R.I.P

6. the laugher
    January 4, 2012

R.I.P-I knew her, she was a very friendly and nice woman, death is a part of life that we all feel, condolances to her family and her daughters, my heart goes out to you……

7. ...
    January 4, 2012

Speaking from personal experience with gastrointestinal problems… She was probably dehydrated. So sad…

• January 4, 2012

are you a doctor?

• ...
        January 5, 2012

I said probably. What’s the problem? And since you inquired, I do practice medicine presumptuous one.

8. Condolenses
    January 4, 2012

My deepest sympathy to the entire family
    It is very hard at this time but I am praying for God to sustain all of you.
    YOu are all in my prayers

9. D
    January 4, 2012

I remember her as the library lady when I was goin :) g school, this is hard for me to take, I see her all the time and never pass withous saying hi,Imma miss her.

• Anonymous
      January 4, 2012

:cry: she alway used to call me sweet heart

10. saddened
    January 4, 2012

Such sad news, condolensces go out to the family of this lady, and again it shows just how short life truly is, here one minute and gone in a short time …..take care for life. Again my prayers to the family and close ones of the deceased.

11. Anonymous

:cry:

12. belonger abroad
    January 3, 2012

Often, in the case of women, the signs of heart attack include vomiting, nausea or pain in the stomach, back, shoulders or arms or sometimes no symptoms at all. Sadly this is one of the reasons that heart attacks are more often fatal for women. Not feeling the typical male symptoms of chest pain or shortness of breath, they do not recognise that they are having a heart attack and do not seek medical help.

Ladies, please be aware, and make your doctor aware also, as medical studies and information usually only focus on men’s symptoms.

My deepest condolences to the bereaved. May you find peace and healing.

• hmm
      January 4, 2012

I know theres a bug out in the US right now that causes vomitting and diarrhea but you have to seek medical attention people. Please be mindful of your surrounding. My condolences goes out to the family.

• January 4, 2012

are you a doctor?
      shut up if u are not, u are pratising medicine without a license and should be charged as such. not only have killed this women, u have already many more with your medical expertise.

• Belonger Abroad
        January 4, 2012

For the ladies: many articles have been published about atypical symptoms of heart attack in women. They urge that if you feel any of the described symptoms, or even unusual unexplained fatigue, it could be a heart attack. Seek medical care and when you do, let them know that you think you may be having a heart attack. They may be looking for more typical symptoms and may miss the diagnoses, with sudden and tragic results.

Dehydration does not develop suddenly nor progress so rapidly.

Ladies, please take note.

13. Guest
    January 3, 2012

Still can’t believe Mrs. Allen gone.. :cry:

14. booklady
    January 3, 2012

I am so sad. Ms Allen was a real golden-hearted Tortola lady, very warm and gracious. Sympathies to the family.

15. Pimp
    January 3, 2012

Damn, that’s crazy. My condolences

16. well sa
    January 3, 2012

conscern:

I cant stand people like you. Why do you have to be so cold-hearted. Stop driving people away from christianity with bull….

17. what did she eat?
    January 3, 2012

I know of several persons diagnosed with dengue in the past month. Not all vomited but some became so ill they could have died had they not been treated.

My deepest condolences to the family. I hope it was not a case of severe dehydration that killed her in the end. It sounds as if she drank or ate something she shouldn’t have. I hope the investigators look around the home for something that could have been the culprit. By the time aaln autopsy is performed and the results come back on her stomache contents it may be too late.

18. January 3, 2012

condolences 2 the family , hope that u had a chance to repent of her sins///// living with out christ is so dangerous , when u have god as your personal saver , no matter what happen wether u live or die , u live in christ or u die in christ all is well with yours soul, (AMEN)

• moesha
      January 3, 2012

When you are speaking about god you should capitalize G in God that is respect.

• belonger abroad
      January 3, 2012

This comment is in extremely poor taste. What does the grieving family need to repent? What are the deceased sins, if any? How do you know if she was living without Christ and why do you think this is your business??

I am offended at this, much less the grieving family, and I didn’t even know the lady.

Christ would have never made such unkind comments to a grieving family. That’s the trouble with so many so-called Christians, they are so incredibly UN-Christlike.

• Dragon

“conscern”

What a foolish,inconsiderate comment.
      If you can’t write something more sympathetic for someone who has died then keep your beliefs about your imaginary friend to yourself.

• Random
      January 4, 2012

“Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”
      John 8:7

19. How sad..
    January 3, 2012

Oh this is very sad ! R.I.P to the lady and my deepest condolences to the family :(