Judgment was passed on us – Bishop Cline

Scene of destruction on Tortola caused by Hurricane Irma. (Photo credit Ve-Anna Thomas)

While lamenting the destruction unleashed on the territory by Hurricane Irma, noted clergyman, Bishop John Cline, said he has concluded that God’s judgment was poured out on the British Virgin islands.

“I have never seen anything like this. The BVI has just suffered a catastrophic event, and I cannot conclude any other way that judgment has been passed on us. It is like a day of judgment because there is no one left untouched; just no one,” Bishop Cline told BVI News Online.

He revealed that the day before the hurricane struck, the territory’s leaders met and prayed for the Islands.

But, according to him, the fate of the BVI was already sealed.

“Judgment had already been passed and once it is passed it’s hard to be pulled back,” Cline, who is head of the New Life Baptist Church in Sea Cows Bay, Tortola said.

Meanwhile, he warned that it is time the BVI take stock of its ways and return to righteousness.

Bishop John Cline

“I believe that God is calling us back to him because we have become a people full of pride, greed and arrogance and unrighteousness.”

“Righteousness (is) what will get us back to where we once were, so it’s an opportunity for us. I’ve been saying [this] to the country; to government privately. It’s time for us to repent and turn from our ways,” he said.

He added that he is thankful many lives were spared during the hurricane and that he is optimistic for the future.

“It’s a great opportunity for us to rebuild sound infrastructure, very nice properties, business properties and homes. I don’t think we can ever miss the opportunity that in any crisis there is such an opportunity.”

1. I agree says:

Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 13 Thumb down 23

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

2. Mimi Hook says:

What a terrible point of view.

God has noyhing do to with this death and destruction. How about climate change? Man has all the role to play in this. Natural disasters will only get worse if mankind does not recognize that:

A) Climate change is a real phenomenon, and
    B) All countries have to cut their carbon emissions or else we can expect much more natural disasters such as Irma which will lead us to our ultimate extinction of mankind so long as egotistical and stupid politicians such as what we have now in the White House and ruling North Korea does not expedite things by starting a nuclear war.

The God I know is not one of destruction. Rather, he is one of salvation.

• Yes says:

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 6 Thumb down 7

You people just refuse to open your eyes. Sin cause suffering, God has a way of making us turn from our wicked ways. BVI will rebuild and restore it will be better and stronger but for now people need to acknowledge God

• Hum says:

What I acknowledge is that among us it have mental looters who just want to take advantage of a person weak mental stay to pass on judgemental idea. What happened to BVI and other islands is terrible. Maybe you should use ur faith to confort not to judge, you guys sounds to me like pharesse when Jesus feet was oil by the prostitute. Also it would be good some religious leaders share some of the wealth they have accomulated over the year with some of the church followers who may really need it right now.

• I fully agree says:

Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 2 Thumb down 6

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

4. daniel says:

what a terrible pastor you are———pastor!please stop preaching your outdated theories. we all know how hurricane forms and its effects. you guys fooled us enough for centuries. not anymore stop taking advantage of human fears

5. Khodge says:

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 4 Thumb down 6

The devil comes to steal, kill and destroy, God gives live abundantly!!!

6. Yaadie says:

Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 4 Thumb down 8

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

7. I born here says:

Everything that happens yall quick to blame God for doing so steeeeups so if this was judgement that was passed upon us…… what say you about YOUR CHURCH…….. i rest my case

8. Tetla Collins can't get in touch with my daughter and her familys Marilee Karen Collins Kuntz says:

Goodness mercies God is calling us to return to our first love back to where we first meet him back at clavery God loves us with an everlasting love we are turning away from God he wants us to come home repent of our ways trust him believe in him be obedent to hi words because his words is true not just virgin Gorda alone but the whole world we forgot who Jesus is he is the light of the world king of King and Lord of Lord’s seek him to day..I love you all but Jesus love you more

9. John shut up says:

Hear the offender in chief speaking. I always find it interesting when the people who are most morally challenged always have the biggest mouths.

• Prophet says:

Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 4 Thumb down 7

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• Hum says:

Well prophet why dint you warn us that this was going to happen! But you know who did scientist, they have been saying global warming=hotter seas temp= stronger storm. Your voice get louder after it has happened, poor scientist lost there vocals long time ago.

10. Spilt Milk says:

Nothing to do with the judgement of any God. Merely climate change and weather formations under “perfect” conditions, wind direction.

11. Yes says:

Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 6 Thumb down 10

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

12. Kimberly Jackson Parker says:

Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 2 Thumb down 5

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

13. Irma says:

Ad Peter Tosh said in a song “That is bullsh*t”

14. Prophet says:

Climate change is real & JAH made it so. JAH did judge BVI and gave a warning. Rationalize it however you want but take heed b/c this was a just warning, the next one will sink it. Stop all the foolishness and wickedness give thanks for what you have. More public independence talk from politicians? I think not. More disrespect of the right and the honorable saints and prophets? More disrespect of the meek n poor? BVI you know your bad minded ways and secret alliances and etc, It’s no coincidence August festival was rained out and now this. Only wise will see the signs, the foolish will deny & live in panic.

15. Pfffff says:

Religion is a made up instrument to give certain people control over the masses. I don’t understand why people still fall for this. Wake up, there is nothing like a god! If there was one, it was an evil creature putting destruction and misery over good people. Believe in humanity instead.

16. Carolyn says:

Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 3

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

17. Mr Shovels says:

Your god should probably work on his aim since he also destroyed the homes of “his children” and churches smh…

18. open your eyes says:

Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 3

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

19. Watchman says:

Dear Pastor please be careful on how you represent the Master. God has His day of judgement but He is not responsible for this evil.

When you refuse shelter the weather will get to you.

With regards to God’s children being hurt, they need to wake up and stop taking things for granted. It is God’s mercy that worse hasn’t occurred. Help will come and things will improve but turn to the Lord Jesus while it is day.

20. Prophet says:

My JAH’s aim is perfect and the foolish who don’t understand science and think science is absolute are FOOLS. Those who think JAH is religion are FOOLS. Those who don’t know that JAH has flooded the world destroyed civilizations and smitted people are FOOLS. And anyone who believes in humanity is the biggest misled idiot of all.

Worse will come not bc JAH is evil but bc he alone knows the science of nature & life. HE alone was tried tested and found worthy from the Alpha to the Omega. Who has wise mind will see those who hide from truth and accept folly will perish. JAH’s judgement is JUST. Life on earth has ying & yang day & night right & left up & down. A complete life experiences both. JAH has emotions and moods and just like u r not obliged to conform to my views JAH is worthy not to conform to yours.

21. An observer says:

Go tell the families of the people who got killed that it was God’s will. Go tell all the people that got their homes and businesses destroyed and now they’re suffering that it is God’s will. That’s a bunch of nonsense. If God is so loving why would he ,(or she) do this to us? You can tell I have very little faith right now. You preachers need to shut up and stop trying to rationalize all this crap that has happened to the BVI. All your prayers did nothing to stop this storm from coming. The storm came because the islands interrupted its journey across the ocean.

22. Wendy says:

Mr Cline,
    Atomic weapons, nuclear weapons hurricanes, floods and earthquakes produced by geoengoneering is the work of the devil and his disciples.

God and his handiwork is on our side. We will triumph.

23. Seriously? says:

That is the most asinine thing Bishop can say.

So, you’d suggest that the people in Barbuda, Anguilla, BVI, USVI and Cuba have more repenting to do than other places in the region or Americas? Give me a break!

We have an opportunity to rebuild our country – without the money-grabbing rum shops, whore houses and churches on every corner…. clear out the vermin…..

I speak as a Christian and strong believer in God.

24. Alister says:

Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 3

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

25. Watcher says:

Hurricanes have always happened. Its nothing to do with sin or the climate scam.

But there are always those who claim to know more and oppress their fellow man.

26. Bilfargo says:

In the same Bible, Book of Proverbs! ( A heart that hath understanding seeketh knowledge, but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness), and I don’t need to say more!!!!!!

27. Endtime Messenger says:

Blessings on every one we are thankful to God for everything that He has done and is doing and what He is gonna do some are still riding high on the pump or you pride as I sat here and see all the stuff that you have written I said to the Lord what next the Lord said to meall would not take heed they would always be ready to attackbecause they have make themselver an instrument of satan willingly it is not enough that you would want to turn from your wickedness? Away with the sticks and stones and repent God is not going to ak you about the other person that you are so busy throwing words at He is going to ask you anbout you think about that for a bit one thing I want to bring to your attention you can’t out talk God because He ‘s not gonna argue with you He has already spoken and He will not change.
    When the Lord give me the assingment to go and tell the people I cried Lord his is a rebellious people whose heart is set on mischief they would not take heed the Lord said you go If they hear you then they hear me. After hearing that I pull another one I said Lord the place is already in a chaotic condition He said to me I brought that in so that attention would be givin to the word that I am gonna speak or else no flesh would be saved for they have provoked Me to my face He also said to me I have stop their parade but I have not Cancel your appointment with them so I did fulfill my appointment but still the Lord is saying some of you have not turn you are taking the media to continue sounding like a prattingptating fool God is still angry with you unless you repent you shall go down to the pit if I were you I would make a change.He has given me yet another word a deeper word that causes me to twist and turn all night long because of the way my homeland has push out God out of the Island. When a people forget God, satan would rule.No respect for God’s people, no respect for God where do you stand? I am yet praying for you I am holding this prophecy until.