Quijano & Associates (BVI) Limited is currently seeking a Money Laundering Reporting Officer to add to its Team.
Role and responsibilities:
Advise senior management on relevant rules and standards;
Develop and recommend the policies, rules, procedures and processes that the Licensee should have in place in order to comply with the regulatory standards of the British Virgin Islands including:
Anti-money Laundering and the Combating the Financing of Terrorism The successful candidate must also:
- have a broad knowledge of anti-money laundering and terrorist financing matters, including the relevant regional and international treaties (including United Nations Resolutions) relating to the combating of money laundering and terrorist financing;
- must have a good appreciation and understanding of Virgin Islands laws relating to money laundering and terrorist financing; and
- must possess the ability to make independent and analytical decisions and not be easily susceptible to undue influence.
- be responsible for ensuring compliance by staff of the relevant person with: –
• the provisions of these Regulations, Proceeds of Criminal Conduct Act, the
Code and any other enactment relating to money laundering and terrorist financing;
• the provisions of any internal reporting and manual of compliance
procedures relating to money laundering and terrorist financing; and o any additional reporting and related obligations provided in the Code.
The Money Laundering Reporting Officer shall, in addition to the above functions act as the liaison between the relevant person and the Agency in matters relating to compliance with the provisions of the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations, the Proceeds of Criminal Conduct Act, the Code and any other enactment relating to money laundering and terrorist financing.
Qualifications and Experience:
Relevant qualifications which demonstrates an ability to fully understand the regulatory regime;
At least five (5) years relevant experience gained from acting in a compliance role or at a position connected with the financial services business,
Must be highly organized and self-driven and must be able to work under own initiative,
Have the ability to professionally and effectively communicate via oral and written communication with all levels internally and externally
Deadline for applications: 30th June, 2021
Please specify the position and applicant’s full name in the email subject line addressed to: The Managing Director, at email@example.com
*All employees must adhere to Quijano BVI’s AML/CFT policies. Preference to Virgin Islander or Belonger applicants.
Copyright 2021 BVI News, Media Expressions Limited. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or distributed.