As Hurricane Jose moves closer towards the British Virgin Islands, the government has named 14 shelters in which residents can seek refuge.
Jose, which is now a category 4 hurricane, is not expected to directly impact the territory, but a Tropical Storm Watch is in effect as the core of the hurricane makes its way north of the Leeward Islands today.
Storm force conditions are expected to impact the territory and all preparations should be made to seek shelter, the government urged.
These are the shelters as announced by the government:
– BVI SDA School -Sea Cows Bay
– Long Trench Community Centre
– St. George’s Anglican Church – Main Street
– Francis Lettsome Primary School- East End
– Claudia Creque Educational Centre – Anegada
– Church of God of Prophecy – East End
– Zion Hill Methodist Church – West End
– Cane Garden Bay Community Centre
– Cane Garden Bay Methodist Church
– Rainbow Home – Lower Estate
– East End and Long Look Community Centre
– Jost Van Dyke School
– Catholic Community Centre – Virgin Gorda
– North Sound Methodist Church – Virgin Gorda
Copyright 2021 BVI News, Media Expressions Limited. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or distributed.