BVI News

Family of slain youngster appeals for public help locate killer

Erran Charles

The family of Erran Charles, the youngster who was gunned down a year ago in Huntum’s Ghut, is appealing to members of the public with information about his killers to come forward.

“It’s been a year and our lives will never be the same again. We are appealing for persons with information about the homicide of my son Erran Charles to step up and come forward,” the mother of the now-deceased young man said in an appeal made through the Royal Virgin Islands Police Force (RVIPF).

“There is somebody walking around who took the life of an aspiring young man. It was my son. Who will it be next? Will it be your children, a family member? Please, I am urging you, don’t sit by idly and wait until your homes have been shattered by the same acts of cowardly violence,” she added.

Anything minor could be relevant

A media release from the RVIPF said the mother is urging persons with even the tiniest bit of information to speak to the investigating officers about it.

“It could have been your son, your loved one! Find it in your heart to come forward, any minor information that may seem irrelevant to you may be the missing clue that authorities may need to apprehend the person or persons responsible for this heinous crime. If you have any information that will help solve this crime and stop these forms of violence please, please, we are pleading for your help,” the release added.

More about the homicide

Charles — who was 34 when he died — along with 17-year-old Guilky Thomas were among individuals at the Huntums Ghut basketball court when two unidentified persons fired several gunshots in their direction on February 3 last year.

Police said two males were seen fleeing from the scene immediately after the shots were fired. Both victims sustained gunshot wounds. Charles succumbed to injuries while Thomas survived.

“This month marks the first anniversary of this currently undetected attack. Detectives, however, are still hopeful that members of the community may have crucial information that may assist in identifying those responsible for this senseless shooting and to bring closure to the grieving families,” the police media release added.

Persons with information on the crime can contact Detective Inspector Vernon Larocque directly at 284-368-9809 or the Major Crime Investigation Team at 284-368-5682. 

“All information will be treated with the strictest confidence,” the RVIPF said.

Copyright 2020 BVI News, Media Expressions Limited. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or distributed.

5 Comments

Disclaimer: BVI News and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the comments below or other interaction among the users.

  1. Quiet Rebel says:

    The UK exited the EU on Feb 01 and is still negotiating the terms and condition of its exit so even the UK does not know what is next so how is it known what OTs benefits will be post Brexit? The UK will be negotiating what is in its benefit. The OTs are like a fifth wheel; they are not and never was in the Brexit equation. The OTs don’t have a vote in the UK parliament; the name may have changed from colonies to dependencies to OTs but what changed? IMO OTs are not high on the UK and the UK’s people agenda. The UK will be thrill if the OTs just go away.

  2. Old Timer says:

    34 years is not a youngster. Time to growup people.

    Like 6
    Dislike 3
  3. Lol says:

    Who send him to pull chain off the young man neck
    He was a big man therefore he needed to act like a man
    Condolences to the family cause no one deserve to die like that .

Leave a Comment

Shares