BVI News

Curfew order revoked! Cabinet relaxes event gathering protocols

Health Minister Carvin Malone

Cabinet has revoked the existing curfew that was in effect in the British Virgin Islands for the last several weeks.

Health Minister made that announcement in an audio broadcast Friday evening, October 15. He indicated that the curfew revocation is among a number of restrictions that have either been discontinued or relaxed.

Minister Malone said Cabinet also decided that effective Saturday October 16, “there shall be no restrictions on gatherings except in the case of an ‘event'”.

Events include social occasions or activities such as parties, festivals, etcetera. Organised sporting activities as well as conventions, conferences, and meetings are also defined as ‘events’.

During such events, organisers and the proprietors of the premises hosting the event must ensure that the physical distancing protocols and sanitisation measures are adhered to.

They must also ensure that attendance at the event is restricted to no more than one person per nine square feet, unless otherwise approved by the Minister for Health.

Malone further noted that the previous six-feet social-distancing requirement at gatherings have been reduced to three feet.

These relaxed measures were decided when Cabinet met on Wednesday of this week. The decisions have come at a time when the number of active cases in the territory dropped to four.

“But we are not out of the woods,” the Health Minister cautioned. “We must realise that the Delta and the Mu variants are still within our community. We must realise that throughout the world challenges exist when it comes to COVID-19.”

Copyright 2021 BVI News, Media Expressions Limited. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or distributed.

11 Comments

Disclaimer: BVI News and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the comments below or other interaction among the users.

  1. ras says:

    finally these babylon free the people

    Like 2
    Dislike 7
  2. about time says:

    He finally came to his senses

    Like 9
    Dislike 4
  3. Field Hospital says:

    Now we understand the reasoning behind thev 40 bed field hospital.

    Like 7
    Dislike 1
    • Darkwayne Duck says:

      This guy knows about it. They want you all to get comfortable and start grinding on each other again while they secretly pump the next wave of virus out so they can justify locking us up again for our “safety” since it happened after they “let us go”.

      Like 5
      Dislike 3
  4. lol says:

    Let’s give him a medal for solving the problem he created. No curfew was required since months ago.

    Like 6
    Dislike 4
  5. BE WISE says:

    Let us continue to be mindful and act accordingly. Continue to do whatever it takes for you and your loved one to be safe. I cannot shake it but I have a funny feeling that it will soon hit the fan.

    Like 16
  6. Leadership says:

    This is great news ///ALL that is missing is the protocol ro deal with the COI …

  7. Snake says:

    Time for the third wave people be mindful 40 beds already prepared

  8. no!!!!!!!!!!!! says:

    He shouda left the curfew in place

    Like 6
    Dislike 7
  9. No nonsense says:

    Tell us how much $$$ you have acquired for your bank account from the WHO.. so far for the pandemic. Or should we wait to see it in another Panama papers

    Like 4
    Dislike 1
  10. Guys says:

    Guys becareful, continue wearing your mask;sanitizing and try do your 6ft social distancing, cause i don’t understand something aint right here, from strict rules etc to basically no rules. They trying to set us up, this is the reason for that 40 bed thing they were talking about.

    Like 4
    Dislike 4

Leave a Comment

Shares