BVI News

Generators leave boy, man in hospital

Peebles Hospital

Two male victims – a minor and an adult – were hospitalized last night following two separate freak incidents involving generators.

The authorities are yet to officially say what happened in both incidents.

But BVI News Online understands that the adult sustained severe burns after he caught on fire, while the minor was left with minor burns from electrocution.

Usually credible sources said the incident involving the child happened in the Sand Box area of Tortola around 7pm yesterday.

Relatives reported that the 12-year-old boy was attempting to power a generator at the residence when he sustained electric shocks.

The youngster was brought to Peebles Hospital by ambulance and is said to be in stable condition.

The other incident, which involves the adult victim, is said to have happened on the eastern end of Tortola roughly two hours after the boy’s ill-fated encounter with the generator.

BVI News Online has been told that the adult, believed to be in his thirties, was investigating the fuel in a generator at his Long Look residence when the incident happened.

Highly-placed sources further said the adult sustained major burns to the arms and legs.

BVI News Online was not made aware of the adult’s medical condition up to press time.

Copyright 2021 BVI News, Media Expressions Limited. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or distributed.

Leave a Comment